How to prepare for the holidays
As we get closer to the holidays, we’re guaranteed to hear more and more about cleanses. From Christmas to New Years Eve we wage a war with our bodies, falling victim to the Christmas food comas and New Years drink headaches, and then the days filled with guilt and regret. Each time we hop off the healthy bandwagon for just a second, we punish ourselves with strict quick fix detoxes – eat only this food, cut that out entirely, liquids for 5 days straight! It’s a vicious cycle that we want nothing to do with.
The truth is, health is not created in a vacuum of organic greens and cleansing super foods. It’s created right there in between Christmas dinner, that long-awaited high school reunion, and all those holiday parties, in a playful world where spin classes, sangria, and kale salads all exist at once.
Eat clean, play dirty baby!
So ditch the yoyo diets and over-the-top detox regimens, and make some small changes to your daily routine to give your body that extra BOOST it needs to work its natural magic! You already have your baseline covered (link para o curso online). Now it’s time to take it to the next level. Give that beautiful body of yours some extra support by incorporating the following into your week, and say hello to one delicious holiday season:
- Start off your day with detoxing lemon water – it awakens your organs, revs your metabolism, and alkalizes your body so that your body can start cleansing before you’ve even had your breakfast. Early bird gets the worm!
- Kickstart your day with cleansing greens. Throw them into a green smoothie, enjoy them with an omelette, or sprinkle some spirulina in your yogurt and granola! Greens contain phytonutrients that help to escort toxins out of your body, and they’re filled with age-defying antioxidants. Aim for 4-8 cups a day!
- Take probiotics! Increasing the flora in your gut will help to keep your entire system in balance so you can detox more efficiently. Also incorporate more fermented foods (kimchi, kombucha, tempeh, etc.) into your diet to help your mighty microbiome thrive!
- Drink DETOX+CLEANSE between meals to stay hydrated and keep the toxins moving out of your system. When you’re not drinking our DETOX DRINK MIX, hydrate internally with high water content foods, and drink more h2o than you think you need. Add some organic fruit to your water glass for some much needed electrolytes.
- Avoid snacking! Digestion is extremely taxing for your body. And when you are constantly feeding it snacks, your body is constantly working – and working hard – to digest everything thoroughly. When you eat 3 large, hearty, balanced meals a day, with no snacks in between (mini fastings if you will), you give your digestion a break and allow your body to focus its energy elsewhere. This is when it is able to restore its functions, heal properly, and get you those results you dream of.
- Be sure that you’re eating enough fiber. Fiber is what keeps you full, and keeps your digestive system functioning optimally. It binds to toxins in your digestive tract to help move them out and also feeds that gut flora! Whole grains, organic vegetables, beans, and superfoods!
- Speaking of superfoods….indulge in superfoods! Each blend of these magical Plant Protein powders have amazing superfoods and adaptogens added, each one with their unique healing qualities and work to help your body absorb all the good stuff, so it can kick out all the bad. With a balanced, superfood diet, each bite is healing your system and optimizing your health.
- Sweat it out! Get moving in any way that inspires you – whether it’s running, dancing, or sweaty Ashtanga yoga, get those sweat glands going! Your pores are the body’s detoxing pathways. When you break a sweat, you are actively expelling toxins from every inch of that gleaming bod. Before hopping in the shower, take a few minutes to dry brush your skin (find out more here). This not only rids your skin of dead surface cells, but also stimulates your lymphatic system, and gets your blood flowing so that your body can start pushing those toxins gently out the door.
- Treat yourself to a relaxing, healing deep tissue massage. This will help to release toxins that were trapped in muscular tissue. The best way to expel these toxins is to follow your massage with a sweaty sauna session.
- Soak in a detox bath. Epsom salts contain detoxifying minerals that work to draw out toxins and cleanse your entire body. These detoxifying baths are also relaxing and are great to calm your mind before drifting into dreamland.
- Get that beauty sleep!!! This one is key. As you rest, your body repairs itself, and without this vital sleep your body is unable to function at its full potential (eg your immune system is compromised and your body can’t rid itself of all the toxins!). So do yourself a favor…stay in one Saturday night. Sleep in on Sunday morning. Give your body a chance to heal.
- REST+ RELAX. Practice stress management. When you’re under stress your hormones fall out of balance which leads to weight gain, anxiety, lack of energy and even illness. A stressed body holds on to toxins, so if you’re trying to detox, it’s important to keep your stress levels in check. This might mean taking a few moments in the morning to meditate, taking a walk, or just making time to do something you enjoy. Take a teaspoon daily mixed in warm water or nut milk.
All of these practices are 100% will not only support your healthy holiday body, but also help fuel every single one of your creations. So each time you devote your effort to one of these conscious actions, share it with us, and use the hashtag #purosumo to win SOME PRE-XMAS PRESENTES!!